WebsiteSpark Launch Good News for Small Web Design Shops

As of yesterday, Newtek Technology Services officially became a web hosting partner for the newly launched Microsoft WebsiteSpark program. We spoke with Microsoft Developer and Platform Evangelist Keithe Williams about the program, focusing on the most notable highlights. We also asked him to make a case for why designers and developers should give it a try.

Share So Others Can Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • FriendFeed
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr

Get a Bigger Hammer

Back in my younger days I thought a cordless drill was just a cordless drill. I invested in a low-voltage rechargeable for about $10 and was satisfied. When I bought my first house that drill came with me, and for the little jobs I did here and there, it sufficed. Then house #2 came along.
As [...]

• Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • FriendFeed
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr

Thirst for knowledge or just wetting your whistle?

Interesting discussion going on at Fuel Your Creativity. The difference of learning or being taught. I’m not sure if there’s a difference in the actual acts of each, but the willingness to learn.
Back in the mid-nineties (it feels weird to say “back in the” when talking about the 90’s. Were they really so long [...]

• Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • FriendFeed
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr

DIYPR – Part One

If I were to take a wild guess, I’m betting most of you don’t have marketing/PR budgets that parallel Starbucks, Google or Apple. If you do, please ignore what I’m about to say and call your big city PR firm to set up your next campaign brainstorm session.

• Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • FriendFeed
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr

There’s a Giant Snowball Headed Your Way

I ran across a post in our forums, and was glad to see the discussion started. It’s a question almost every company/entity/individual has to ask these days as business practices are steadily becoming more social: “Should I have a presence on Twitter/Facebook/MySpace/Linked In, etc.?”

• Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • FriendFeed
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr

September Newsletter

September 2009 Newsletter Highlights:
New Format!
Increased Allocations
ColdFusion 9 Beta
Custom IT Solutions Now Available
Entering the Social Media Realm
And MORE

• Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • FriendFeed
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr

NBS, NTS, CT Brands Understood

I’ve been hearing and reading a bit of feedback from many people, customers and staff members alike, on what we are thinking with all the names and brands that are flying around on the websites, on invoices and receipts, and now on the “community” we’re releasing. To help clear things up a bit I thought [...]

• Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • FriendFeed
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr

Twitter…what’s the point?

Oh Twitter. Talk about an acquired taste. Some things in life are so incredibly easy to love immediately (for me, the Mocha Freeze at Dutch Brothers), while others take a little more patience and time, and in the case of Twitter – a bit of peer pressure.

• Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • FriendFeed
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr

WordPress and the Disgruntled Designer

New project. New blog. New technologies. No clue. Struggles aplenty as I attempt to create our new blog. Watch me battle PHP, WordPress, CSS, Twitter, browsers, tigers & bears. Oh my!

• Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • FriendFeed
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr