Adobe MAX 2009 Round Up

Adobe MAX 2009What happens when over four thousand of some of the world’s best designers and developers congregate in Los Angeles for a week—with Luke Skywalker and John Mayer in attendance?  A whole lot of fun.  Well, I wasn’t there, but I’m going to guess that was the case.  Good thing for you and I both, we have the social web, and thousands of our closest friends tweeting, blogging, and photo-ing the entire event.

As expected, several highly anticipated announcements were made this week.  Here’s a round up of some of my favorites:

Good News for ColdFusion Developers: CF 9 Released!

#adobemax #coldfusion

The biggest news coming out of Day 1  (for us, anyway) was official release of ColdFusion 9.  As some of you might already know, we’ve been offering free ColdFusion 9 beta plans for several weeks now (and they’re still available… and still free).  We will be upgrading to the new release shortly and we’ll be sure to make an announcement once that becomes available.

Good News for Flash Developers: Flash support coming soon to several mobile devices

#adobemax #flash

There was a lot of good news for Flash developers this week as Adobe announced that the upcoming version of Flash player, 10.1, will be supported on several mobile platforms, including Android, Windows Mobile, and Palm webOS.

The iPhone, although partially left out of the party, still managed to steal the headlines with the announcement that Flash Professional CS5 will enable developers to build native applications for the iPhone and iTouch using ActionScript 3.  You can sign up to be notified when CS5 becomes available in beta here.

Good News for AIR Developers: AIR 2.0 coming soon!

#adobemax #air 2.0

I must admit, I’m a pretty big fan of Adobe AIR.  The first thing I do every morning is sip on a cup of coffee and immediately pull up two AIR apps on my desktop—Times Reader and Tweet Deck.  And with some of the new features coming in AIR 2.0, including improved performance and multi-touch support, there should be some pretty exciting things coming out on the horizon.  See the Adobe AIR team blog for a full rundown.

If you didn’t have a chance to attend the conference or catch the keynotes online, you can watch them now at MAX Online.

For those of you who did make it out to LA this week, what did you think?  If you blogged about any of the sessions, comment here with a link so we can check it out.

VN:F [1.9.1_1087]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
Share So Others Can Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • FriendFeed
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati